Virtual Medication Safety Intensive - June 2021
June 24 - 10:00 am - 6:30 pm ET
June 25 - 10:00 am - 6:00 pm ET
Times have been adjusted for this workshop for participants on Pacific time.
Following completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Perform system-based medication error analysis.
- Identify latent and active failures that lead to medication error events.
- Develop error-reduction strategies for the use of high-alert medications.
- Utilize various data collection methods and tools to identify medication-related risk.
- Discuss the role and responsibilities of the medication safety officer or individual(s) responsible for medication safety oversight.
- Identify human error, at-risk behavior, and reckless behaviors.
- Describe appropriate organizational responses to behavioral choices.
- Measure the effectiveness of selected error-reduction strategies.
Pharmacy Program Coordinator, Medication Use Safety & Quality, UK HealthCare