Volume 5, Issue 3
Medication Safety Alert! March 2017
In this month’s issue:
- Using Information for External Errors to Signal a "Clear and Present Danger"
- Worth repeating... RisperiDONE and rOPINIRole mix-ups
- BEST practice: If you have electronic health records, do this to help prevent errors!
- Eliquis-Effient mix-up
- Tresiba U-200 won't allow dosing in odd number of insulin units
- Don't use insulin syringes to prepare EPINEPHrine anaphylaxis doses
- Beware of drug names that end in the letter "L"